The Mary Byron Project created the Celebrating Solutions Awards to showcase and applaud local innovations that demonstrate promise in breaking the cycle of violence. We select programs that can serve as models for the nation and offer $10,000 cash awards in recognition of their pioneering efforts. Nominations are judged by a panel of experts in criminal justice, health care, and public policy, and other disciplines that address intimate partner violence.
The application period for the 2018 Celebrating Solutions & Roth Awards has closed.
(If you'd like the view the 2018 application for reference, please click here.)
Please check back for the 2019 application.
Eligibility Criteria for Celebrating Solutions Awards:
- The nominated program, the agency or organization, and the core components of the program being nominated must have been operating for a minimum of three (3) years (established no later than December 31, 2015 for the 2019 award year.) The program must be in existence when the nomination is made.
- The program must be part of a non-profit 501(c) (3) or government agency.
Nominations are judged by a panel of experts in criminal justice, health care, and public policy. These individuals remain anonymous so their ability to judge the nominations will not be influenced by a relationship with a nominated organization.
Not Eligible for Celebrating Solutions Awards are:
- Past Celebrating Solutions Award winners
- The program should be replicable, or if it is national in scope, the program should have applications for individual communities, regardless of their size or ethnic population.
- Organizations other than non-profit or governmental.
- Organizations operating outside the United States or a U.S. territory.
- Basic research.
- Face Forward, Inc. [View Application] Medical Services
- LifeWire, Housing Stability Service [View Application] Housing Services
- Sojourner House, LGBTQ Advocacy and Education Program [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Community Violence Intervention Center (CVIC): Safer Tomorrows Project [View Application] Direct Services
- Montana Legal Services Association: MLSA Survivor's Legal Project [View Application] Legal Services
- Providence House Domestic Violence Services of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton: Peace, A Learned Solution (PALS) [View Application] Direct Services
Commended Program Award
- Jana's Campaign: Love Doesn't Hurt, Teen Gender Violence Prevention Program [View Application] Youth Program
- Center for Community Health Education Research and Service, Inc.: The Community Advocacy Program [View Application] Medical Program
- Deaf World Against Violence Everywhere (DWAVE) [View Application] Culturally Specific Services/Disability Services
- Our House, Inc.: W.A.V.E. [View Application] Youth Program
- Rose Brooks Center [View Application] Medical Services
- National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Initiative [View Application] Fatality Review
- Legal Momentum [View Application] Legal Resources
- Alma Center, Inc. [View Application] Batterer's Intervention
- GreenHouse 17 formerly known as Bluegrass Domestic Violence Program [View Application] Direct Services
- District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH) [View Application] Housing Services
- National Crime Victim Law Institute: Responding to Violence Against Women Project [View Application] Legal Services
- Rutgers University, School of Social Work, Center on Violence Against Women and Children: Violence Against Women and Children Program (VAWC-CP) [View Application] College Degree Program
- Asian Women's Shelter: The Multilingual Access Model (MLAM) [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Day One New York [View Application] Young Adult Program
- The Global Center for Women & Justice at Vanguard University: Stop the Violence Campaign [View Application] Young Adult Program
- Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence (RICADV): Sisters Overcoming Abusive Relationships (SOAR) [View Application] Survivor Empowerment
- Close to Home: Domestic Violence Prevention Initiative [View Application] Community Organizing
- Enlace Comunitario: Promotoras Leadership Development Program: Former immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence Educating the Community [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Help Hotline Crisis Center Inc: Tri County Family Violence Prevention Coalition [View Application] Workplace Initiative
- Planned Parenthood of New York City Inc.: Intimate Partner Violence Screening in Reproductive Health Centers [View Application] Medical Services
- Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid: Legal Alliance for Rural Survivors of Abuse (Formerly LARS, Legal Access to Rural Shelters) [View Application] Legal Services
- Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence: The Domestic Violence Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) – Maryland Model [View Application] Law Enforcement Program
- Southcentral Foundation: Family Wellness Warrior Initiative [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Bolton Refuge House: The Children’s Center [View Application] Children's Day Care Program
- Barrier Free Living: The Secret Garden [View Application] Disability Services
- The SAFE Alliance: Expect Respect - School Based Program [View Application] Youth Program
- La Casa De Las Madres: Safe Housing Project [View Application] Housing Program/Culturally Specific Services
- Coordinating Council for Children in Crisis: Family Violence Outreach Program [View Application] Children's Program
- Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center: High Risk Case Response Team [View Application] Legal Services
- Legal Aid of West Virginia: Legal Assistance to Victims Partnership [View Application] Legal Services
- Center on Domestic Violence, University of Colorado Denver [View Application] College Degree Program
- Ramona’s Way: Counseling and Case Management [View Application] Substance Abuse Program
- The National Center for Victims of Crime: National Stalking Resource Center (NSRC) [View Application] Legal Resources
- FaithTrust Institute: Peaceful Families Project [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- WATCH [View Application] Court Watch Program
- Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project (DV LEAP) [View Application] Legal Services
- Cangleska Inc. [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Greater Boston Legal Services: Relocation Counseling Project [View Application] Legal Services
- Texas Council on Family Violence: Public Awareness Campaign: Friends and Family [View Application] Public Awareness Campaign
- Family Violence and Rape Crisis Services: Hispanic Outreach Project (HOP) [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- University of Washington Women’s Center [View Application] Human Trafficking Program
- Women in Construction Training Program [View Application] Economic Development Program
- Women’s Law Initiative [View Application] Legal Resources
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape: Teen Sexual Violence Prevention Campaign (TSVPC) [View Application] Youth Program
- Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland: Project Chai [View Application] Culturally Specific Services
- Area Agency on Aging - Region One, Inc.: Domestic Older Victims Empowerment and Safety (DOVES) [View Application] Older Adult Services
- Center for the Study of Sport in Society: Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP) Program at Northeastern University [View Application] Youth/Young Adult Program
- American Domestic Violence Crisis Line: International Toll-Free Domestic Violence (DV) Crisis Line & Fund [View Application] Direct Services
- Edwin Gould Services for Children and Families: STEPS to End Family Violence [View Application] Incarcerated Survivors Program
- Marin Abused Women's Services: Men's Program [View Application] Batterer's Intervention
- Violence Intervention Program [View Application] Medical Program